A veteran shall be given priority over a non-veteran for receipt of employment, training, and placement of services in job training programs if the veteran meets the program’s eligibility requirements. Please contact your Veterans Employment Representative
Construction Free Training and Job Placement Assistance
Are you interested in High-Wage, High-Demand careers? Consider a career in the construction trades. Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota is looking for women interested in 12 weeks of hands-on training in Construction that includes job placement assistance:
- Six weeks of classroom and shop training
- Six weeks paid training on construction sites
- Instruction in construction concepts, green building
- practices, tool use, blueprints, math and measuring
- Insulation, drywall, siding, roofing and deconstruction
- OSHA 10 Completion Card
- Lead Abatement Worker Certification
- Earn 36 continuing education units
- Union and construction industry speakers/tours
- Assistance with job placement and follow-up services including help with resumes, applications, interviewing,
job search, retention and promotions
- Support to achieve long-term career goals: Twin Cities
companies hire Goodwill-Easter Seals graduates!
- Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00am – 1:30pm
Where: Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota
Construction/Automotive Training Facility
635 Prior Ave. N.
St. Paul, MN 55104
For more information call 651-379-5837
Goodwill-Easter Seals also offers training in Automotive Services, Banking and Finance, Computer Literacy, Contact Center and Medical Office. Call 651-379-5837 for more information.
Merrick Construction Training
- 4 – 6 week trainings at no cost
- Construction tools/boots provided
- Job search assistance
- Job placement opportunities
Call 651-771-9339 for dates of next class
More Information: Training Flyer
Equipment Operator Training
Certification-based classroom and hands-on training provided in:
- Flagging safety
- OSHA-10 safety
- Bobcat skid steer loader
- Tool cat utility vehicle
- Compact excavator operation
When: May 3 – 20
For questions or to register: 612-341-3358, ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Classes are held monthly, so please contact Joe at information listed above for future classes.
CLUES Bricklaying Program
Gain eligibility for union jobs in bricklaying, finishing trades or carpentry.
CLUES works with union-certified training partners to prepare you for union certification and high-paying construction careers.
- Weeks 1-4: CLUES Minneapolis or St. Paul
- Weeks 5-9: Union-certified training partner
- Credentials: Eligibility for union jobs
- Starting pay: $16-$20/hour
Next Training: TBD
Finishing Trades Institute of the Upper Midwest’s 5-Week Worker Readiness Course
Offering free training in five disciplines
- Commercial Painter
- Coatings Application Specialist
- Drywall Finisher
SIGN UP TODAY AT: Website
Download: Training Flyer
Carpenter – 5 Week Industry Training
APEX Information Overview
APEX participants spend five weeks experiencing an introduction to major areas of our field. This introduction includes discussing jobsite readiness and expectations, working hands on with common hand and power tools, material identification, layout and construction techniques, including introduction to aerial lifts.
Introduction to Trades:
- Interior Systems
- Wood Framing
- Intro to Concrete & Interior Finish
- OSHA 10 & First Aid/CPR
- Hand & Power Tool Orientation
Please Note: Graduating participants receive full set of tool bags with essential hand tools, 25′ tape measure, 2′ level and a framing square.
If you are interested, please contact:
Chelsea at 651-289-5054 or email@example.com
Download: Information Flyer
Free Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)Training
HAP is now offering a short-term (90 hours) training program in Class-B Commercial Driver’s License. Receive permit and behind the wheel training.
People can attend the information session which is hosted every Tuesday from 2pm-4pm at 1075 Arcade St. St. Paul, MN 55106 and Friday from 9:30am-11:30am at 394 University Ave W. St. Paul, MN 55103. They can attend to one information session and it is a walk-in without any appointment.
Website: Free CDL Training
To learn more, please contact:
Custom Job Training Case Manager
1075 Arcade St.
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Hubbs Center Occupational Preparation Classes (Saint Paul)
- Commercial Drivers License Permit Class (CDL)
Download: Hubbs Center Occupational Prep Classes
YWCA ST. PAUL CAREER PATHWAYS
CDL TRAINING PROGRAM
The CDL Training Program puts people on the road to success by helping them to earn a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). After successfully completing training, participants are qualified for good-paying jobs in construction, highway maintenance, transit and other in-demand industries.
Classes meet Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at YWCA St. Paul, with license instruction and experiential training at a local trucking school. New sessions begin monthly on a rolling basis, and there is no cost to participants. For more information, including frequently asked questions and eligibility requirements, please visit https://www.ywcaofstpaul.org/youcan.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Through our program, youth develop:
- Technical skills and a work history that are transferable to a wide range of industries such as carpentry, mechanics, or welding.
- Social and emotional skills, which research shows are considered essential to future success.
- Career and future-readiness skills via field trips to work sites and colleges, interview practice and resume writing, and help with future financial and goal planning.
MN Trades Academy
The MN Trades Academy aspires to provide educational and hands-on experiences for current high school youth to earn while they learn about construction as a career choice. Space is limited. Eligible students from Minneapolis, St. Paul and Ramsey County may apply by texting “MTA” to 651.350.0910 and completing an online MTA application (sent by text). Please see attached PDF for more information and application deadlines.
Download: MTA Flyer
AmeriCorps is a national service program that addresses challenges in our communities through the dedicated service of its members. Members join to give back to their communities while gaining a foundation of marketable skills for natural resource careers. http://www.conservationcorps.org/americorps-opportunities/
AmeriCorps opportunities for young adults, ages 18-25, include non-residential Field Crews in northern, central and southern Minnesota and central Iowa, which engage young adults in year-round natural resource and emergency response work. Conservation Apprentices serve in Soil and Water Conservation Districts throughout Minnesota where they learn hands-on skills in resource management. Home Energy Squads install energy-saving measures in homes, such as weather-stripping and programmable thermostats. Individual placements serve in nonprofit and government agencies focused on energy, natural resource management and community outreach. Youth Outdoors Leaders and Summer Youth Corps Leaders serve programs that engage teens, ages 15 to 18, in outdoor service-learning: Youth Outdoors and Summer Youth Corps.
Pathways to a Better Life (… a program for Ex-Offenders)
We know you’ve got challenges ahead of you. Let us walk alongside you as you meet each of these challenges on your way to achieving a brand new way of living. Turn this sheet over to see all the ways we can help you, and how you can get started on this exciting path. Download: Pathways to a Better Life Flyer
Schools Offering Construction Education & Training
Below is a short list of construction programs through our State universities and private colleges. To research a full list of this schools, go to Careerwise Education and search specific programs.
- Century College 3300 Century Avenue North White Bear Lake, Minnesota 55110 651.779.3300, 800.228.1978
- Dunwoody 818 Dunwoody Boulevard, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (612) 374-5800
- Hennepin Technical College Carpentry Programs at Eden Prairie and Brooklyn Park campuses.
- HIRED and American Workshop have partnered to offer the Green Construction Trades Course.
- H.H. Humphrey Job Corps Centers 1480 Snelling Avenue North St. Paul, MN 55108 651-642-1133
- Merrick Community Services Merrick Community Center 715 Edgerton St. St. Paul, MN 55130 (651) 771-9339
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College 1501 Hennepin Ave Minneapolis, MN 55403-1710 (612) 659-6200
- Minneapolis Urban League 2100 Plymouth Ave. North Minneapolis, MN 55411 Phone: (612) 302-3100
- Saint Paul College 235 Marshall Avenue Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102 (651) 846-1600
- Summit OIC Summit Academy OIC 935 Olson Memorial Highway Minneapolis, MN 55405-1359 (612) 377-0150
State of Minnesota Veterans Priority of Service
Urban Boat Builders Apprenticeship